Literacy Chippewa Valley’s Family Literacy Program, in collaboration with the Eau Claire YMCA, is seeking a part-time (Monday-Thursday, 8:30-12:30) Lead Toddler Teacher for the 2017-2018 school year (September-June). Compensation for each position reflects skills listed below. The salary range is $12-15/hour, based on experience.
Candidates must have a minimum of 18 hours of early-childhood program classes [CVTC, etc.], an understanding of developmentally-appropriate practice, and a willingness to learn/utilize “responsive caregiving/play-based teaching”. Classroom is designed to encourage infant/toddler teacher/caregivers to provide a learning environment for each child that is physically safe, cognitively challenging, emergent-literacy-based, and emotionally nurturing.
- Treating each child with dignity and respect
- Responding to each child promptly and appropriately
- Interacting with children during play-based activities as initiated by each child
- Recognizing/valuing the cultural and socio-economic diversity of each family
- An understanding of the importance of building/maintaining positive partnerships with each child’s English Language Learner family member/parent [as well as with staff] by responding to questions/concerns and/or serving as a resource for information
- The ability to handle several tasks simultaneously
- Being able to lift a child (as necessary)
- Ability to assist young learners with toileting tasks
- Willingness to attend four [early-afternoon] Team Meetings throughout the school year
- Willingness to participate in our December and June multi-cultural food celebrations
- Maintaining daily attendance records
- Flexibility (each day is different)
- Taking Shaken Baby training [provided by the YMCA]
- Providing proof of having a current-year TB test
- Reviewing WI Licensing/ITERS/ECCERS expectations
Interested candidates should apply with a resume, three references, and a cover letter which explains why you would be a “good fit” for this position, by July 28, 2017.
Please send the required documents to: email@example.com.