Are you interested in teaching in the Chippewa County Jail?
Title: Chippewa County Coordinator
Reports to: Executive Director
Location: Chippewa Valley Technical College, 770 Scheidler Rd., Chippewa Falls
Summary: The Chippewa County Coordinator is responsible for coordination and management of all Literacy Chippewa Valley activities for the county. Working in collaboration with the central office staff, they deliver programming in the Chippewa County Jail, recruit and support students and tutors in One-to-One tutoring program, represent Literacy Chippewa Valley at various events and in collaboration with key partners and agencies in the county.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Instructs in the Education, Workforce and Job Readiness Programs in the Chippewa County Jail.
- Delivers self-paced, individualized programming in small group setting or one-to-one.
- Recruits, trains and supervises volunteer tutors in One-to-One and Corrections Program for Chippewa County. Matches tutors with students. Provides lesson plans and resources to tutors, and support to the student/tutor pairs.
- Conducts student intake including identifying goals, testing and selecting educational resources.
- Enters and maintains student and tutor information. Reviews data and works with staff to assess results and develop responses to meet goals.
- Provides office operation such as phone calls, mail, emails, walk-ins, supplies, filing, and resources inventory.
- Coordinates “Parents Sharing Books” for the jail.
- Represents Literacy Chippewa Valley at local community events, collaborates with key partners and works to develop referral relationships with agencies in the county.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Education or a related field from an accredited college or university.
- Must be able to work independently and in teams, set priorities, follow through and meet deadlines.
- Experience working with volunteers and the public.
- 2-4 years teaching experience, specifically with adults.
- Computer literacy in word processing and database applications.
- Work experience in a correctional setting desirable.
Job Type: Part-time (20 hours)
Email resume to Elizabeth.Hart@Literacycv.org